Callistemon viminallis or Weeping Bottlebrush is a moderately fast growing flowering tree that produces very showy, unique and usually shaped vivid scarlet, tufted red flowers. It is a fast growing, low maintenance semi-tropical tree that will mature at about 12 to 15 feet.
Boyette's Weeping is a serendipitous seedling cross selected by and developed in a Southwest Florida Nursery in the early 70s. It was selected for its very dramatic weeping growth habit, with long flexible, rope-like limbs falling vertically around the trunk and hanging to the ground, exceptionally large, bright red flowers born at the terminal ends of the branches, and a longer than average bloom cycle.
The flowers are nectar rich, and so are a powerful attractant for butterflies and hummingbirds making it a great choice for Butterfly Gardens and Wildlife Habitat. Its small stature and easy care makes it well suited for small urban lots.
Condition: One (1) Well rooted, starter size plant growing and shipped in a 4 inch diameter plastic pot. Plant will be a minimum of about 6 to 8 inches tall and unlikely to have bloom or bud at the time of shipping.
*Limited Conditional Warranty: Warranty is limited to guaranteeing plants will arrive safely and in good and healthy condition, and is conditioned on Seller receiving prompt notice (within 24 hours of delivery) of any problem with the condition accompanied by photo validation. No other additional, extended or long term Warranty is expressed or implied.
- Brand: Emerald Goddess Gardens
- Common Name: Boyette Weeping Bottlebrush
- Bloom Form: Unique to the species
- Mature Size: 12 to 15 feet
- Fragrance: None
- Suggested Uses: Urban, Accent, Brackets, Transition, Potted, Bonsai
- House Plant Adapative: Yes, but may require supplemental lighting to flower
- Country of Origin: USA
- Limited Conditional Warranty: Healthy Arrival
- Extended Long Term Warranty: None
- Manufacturer:Emerald Goddess Gardens TM
- Climate: Semi-Tropical
- Color: Red
- Special Features: Fast growing, low maintenance, attracts Butterflies, Hummingbird
- Species: Callistemon viminalis Boyette
- Sunlight: Full sun to very light shade
- USDA Hardiness Zone: 8, 9, 10, 11
- Watering: Moderate to heavy