Breynia distichia unique member of the Euphorbiaes family is native to the Pacific Coast, and gets its common name, Snowbush, from the splashes of white all about the green, maroon, and pink variegated foliage that give the suggestion of a plant covered in snow. It is a tropical plant, and will certainly not grow in the snow, however, it's unique coloring, combined with it's light fluffy growth habit keep with its common name. Snowbush is a distant relative of the poinsettia.
Snowbush is also known as Snow On The Mountain, Hawaiian Snowbush, Rosa Picta and Sweetpea Shrub. Unlike most plants that are cultivated primarily for beautiful flowers, the best feature of the Snowbush is the unique and unusual coloring of the foliage. It is a showy and versatile tropical plant that can make a lovely addition to the mixed perennial beds of a cottage style garden or become an important part of more formal plantings. Snowbush is a great way to add visual interest and texture in any garden.
Condition: One (1) Well rooted, starter size plant growing and shipped in a 4 inch diameter plastic pot. Plant will be a minimum of about 6 to 8 inches tall and unlikely to have bloom or bud at the time of shipping.
*Limited Conditional Warranty: Warranty is limited to guaranteeing plants will arrive safely and in good and healthy condition, and is conditioned on Seller receiving prompt notice (within 24 hours of delivery) of any problem with the condition accompanied by photo validation. No other additional, extended or long term Warranty is expressed or implied.
- Brand: Emerald Goddess Gardens
- Common Name: Snowbush, Snow on the Mountain, Hawaiian Snowbush, Rosa picta
- Bloom Form: Parasol
- Mature Size: 5 ft.
- Fragrance: None
- Suggested Uses: Specimen, Borders, Hedge, Mixed Perinneals, Potted
- House Plant Adapative: Yes, may require supplemental lighting
- Country of Origin: USA
- Limited Conditional Warranty: Healthy Arrival
- Extended Long Term Warranty: None
- Manufacturer:Emerald Goddess Gardens
- Climate: Tropical
- Color: White, Green, Pink
- Special Features: Unique colored foliage, low maintenance
- Species: Breynia distichia
- Sunlight: Full Sun to Light Shade
- USDA Hardiness Zone: 9, 10, 11
- Watering: Moderate