Crapemyrtles were introduced into landscape cultivation in the southern United States about 150 years ago. These colorful deciduous trees quickly became very popular additions to southern landscapes.
These interesting colorful trees begin to break their dormancy in the early spring and generally flowers will begin to show as early as May and continue into the early fall. A large cluster of flowers (called a panicle) develops on the terminal end of each limb and is made up of hundreds of 1-2" florets that have the crinkled consistency of crepe paper. Burgundy Cotton® is crisp white to soft blush pink in cooler climates.
This particular cultivar named Burgundy Cotton® is very accurately described by its name. It was bred and developed by Dr. Carl Whitcomb in Stillwater Oklahoma. The crisp white to blush pink flowers begin appearing in late June to early July and continue until the first frost. Mature size is about 12 ft., but it can be kept pruned and maintained at a lower height if desired.
Condition: One (1) Well rooted, starter size plant growing and shipped in a 4 inch diameter plastic pot. Plant will be a minimum of about 6 to 8 inches tall and unlikely to have bloom or bud at the time of shipping. *Limited Conditional Warranty: Warranty is limited to guaranteeing plants will arrive safely and in good and healthy condition, and is conditioned on Seller receiving prompt notice (within 24 hours of delivery) of any problem with the condition accompanied by photo validation. No other additional, extended or long term Warranty is expressed or implied.
- Brand: Emerald Goddess Gardens
- Common Name: Burgundy Cotton Crepe Mytle
- Bloom Form: Raceme / Panical
- Mature Size: 15 feet
- Fragrance: Yes
- Suggested Uses: Urban Tree, Median, Accent, Boundary
- House Plant Adapative: Not recommended
- Country of Origin: USA
- Limited Conditional Warranty: Healthy Arrival
- Extended Long Term Warranty: None
- Manufacturer:Emerald Goddess Gardens
- Climate: Temperate
- Color: Crisp White to Blush Pink
- Special Features: Vibrant Two Toned Flowers
- Species: Largerstroemia indica Burgundy Cotton
- Sunlight: Full Sun
- USDA Hardiness Zone: 7, 8, 9, 10a
- Watering: Drought tolerant once established