The Tabebuia chrystotricha or Golden Trumpet Tree is a beautiful tropical flowering tree that is absolute eye candy when it is flower.
It is deciduous (the leaves fall off in the winter) most of the time, although it will occasionally stay evergreen in very warm climates where there is little to no change in the seasons. It emerges from dormancy in a burst of medium sized golden trumpet flowers that precede the new sprouting of new leaves in a display that is nothing short of spectacular to behold. Silvery green leaves with downy brown reverse follow the flower as does a long fuzzy brown seed pod.
It matures at about 15 to 20 feet with a rounded spreading canopy, and rough, gnarly bark. Makes a great specimen focal point, matched pairs for property entrance, property boundary mass planting, and urban street tree. Golden Trumpets may also be grown as large garden pots and adapt well to Bonsai culture.
It is more cold hardy that others of the species, and is often seen growing in Zones 9A and 8B.
Condition: One (1) Well rooted, starter size plant growing and shipped in a 4 inch diameter plastic pot. Plant will be a minimum of about 6 to 8 inches tall and unlikely to have bloom or bud at the time of shipping.
*Limited Conditional Warranty: Warranty is limited to guaranteeing plants will arrive safely and in good and healthy condition, and is conditioned on Seller receiving prompt notice (within 24 hours of delivery) of any problem with the condition accompanied by photo validation. No other additional, extended or long term Warranty is expressed or implied.
- Brand: Emerald Goddess Gardens
- Common Name: Golden Trumpet
- Bloom Form: Trumpet
- Mature Size: 15 to 20 feet
- Fragrance: None
- Suggested Uses: Feature, focal, urban street, small lot, Bonsai
- House Plant Adapative: Not recommended
- Country of Origin: USA
- Limited Conditional Warranty: Healthy Arrival
- Extended Long Term Warranty: None
- Manufacturer:Emerald Goddess Gardens tm
- Climate: Semi-Tropical
- Color: Yellow
- Special Features: Very showy bloomer, more cold hardy than others
- Species: Tabebuia chrystoricha
- Sunlight: Full sun to very light shade
- USDA Hardiness Zone: 8B, 9, 10, 11
- Watering: Moderate