Tibouchina granulosa or Purple Glory Tree is a tropical flowering tree that is one of about 450 different cultivars of the Tibouchina species. The vibrant color and small manageable size has made this one of the most popular urban flowering trees in the tropical landscape. It will reach heights of 30 feet or more in its native habitat of South America, but never grow that large in urban settings. About 15 ft. is the average mature size They quickly reach 6 to 8 feet, and then the growth rate slows. Along with its fast growth and manageable size, the best feature of this tree is the vivid, rich, velvety royal purple flowers. The bloom cycle is long lasting, with color showing non stop for a couple of months. The narrow lance shaped leaves are dark green and have a rough gritty, granulated texture (feature from which the Latin name granulosa is derived). The flower panicles are composed of clusters of single 5 petaled blooms that about 2 inches in diameter. Another neat, unique feature to this tree is that the stems are perfectly square, having 4 distinct angles.
Condition: One (1) Well rooted, starter size plant growing and shipped in a 4 inch diameter plastic pot. Plant will be a minimum of about 6 to 8 inches tall and unlikely to have bloom or bud at the time of shipping.
*Limited Conditional Warranty: Warranty is limited to guaranteeing plants will arrive safely and in good and healthy condition, and is conditioned on Seller receiving prompt notice (within 24 hours of delivery) of any problem with the condition accompanied by photo validation. No other additional, extended or long term Warranty is expressed or implied.
- Brand: Emerald Goddess Gardens
- Common Name: Purple Glory Tree
- Bloom Form: Five petaled single
- Mature Size: 10 to 15 feet in cultivation
- Fragrance: None
- Suggested Uses: Urban, Small Lot, Feature
- House Plant Adapative: Not recommended
- Country of Origin: USA
- Limited Conditional Warranty: Healthy Arrival
- Extended Long Term Warranty: None
- Manufacturer:Emerald Goddess Gardens TM
- Climate: Tropical
- Color: Purple
- Special Features: Fast growing, showy flowers
- Species: Tibouchina granulosa
- Sunlight: Full sun to light shade
- USDA Hardiness Zone: 9, 10, 11
- Watering: Moderate