Tibouchina granulosa rosea 'Regina' or Pink Princess Flower is a tropical flowering tree that is one of about 450 different cultivars in the Tibouchina species.
The vibrant color and small manageable size has made this one of the most popular urban flowering trees in the tropical landscape.
In its native habitat of South America, these will reach heights of 30 feet or more, but never grow that large in urban settings. About 15 ft. is the average mature size.
Aside from its fast growth and manageable size, the best feature of this tree are its vibrant pink flowers. Most tibouchinas bloom purple, but Regina is a rare cultivar that uniquely produces all pink flowers. The bloom cycle is long lasting, with color showing non stop for a couple of months. The narrow lance shaped leaves are dark green and have a rough gritty, granulated texture, from which the Latin name granulosa is derived.
The flowers are composed of clusters of single 5 petaled blooms that about 2 inches in diameter.
Condition: One (1) Well rooted, starter size plant growing and shipped in a 4 inch diameter plastic pot. Plant will be a minimum of about 6 to 8 inches tall and unlikely to have bloom or bud at the time of shipping.
*Limited Conditional Warranty: Warranty is limited to guaranteeing plants will arrive safely and in good and healthy condition, and is conditioned on Seller receiving prompt notice (within 24 hours of delivery) of any problem with the condition accompanied by photo validation. No other additional, extended or long term Warranty is expressed or implied.
- Brand: Emerald Goddess Gardens
- Common Name: Tibouchina Regina, Pink Princess Flower
- Bloom Form: Five petaled single
- Mature Size: 10 to 15 feet in cultivation
- Fragrance: None
- Suggested Uses: Urban, Small Lot, Feature
- House Plant Adapative: Not recommended
- Country of Origin: USA
- Limited Conditional Warranty: Healthy Arrival
- Extended Long Term Warranty: None
- Manufacturer:Emerald Goddess Gardens TM
- Climate: Tropical
- Color: Neon Pink
- Special Features: Fast growing, showy flowers
- Species: Tibouchina granulosa rosea \'Regina\'
- Sunlight: Full sun to light shade
- USDA Hardiness Zone: 9, 10, 11
- Watering: Moderate