The Crinum asiaticum Lily grows big. Mature size can reach 6 to 8 feet in height with an equal or larger spread, so it makes wonderful focal points, anchors, or background planting. It has big strap like leaves that are 3 feet or more in length that unfurl from a large bulb that can easily weigh more than 20 lbs.
In the tropics it blooms nearly year round. Fragrant flowers appear at the ends of long separate stalks, and emerge as clusters of long tubes that open out into narrow elongated petals that curl backwards. Equally long stamens and pistils arch gracefully from the centers. It is showy and has an impressive look that I can only describe as wonderful tropical presence. The fragrance is light and clean and is strongest in the early morning and evening.
These impressive large lilies are native to tropical southeastern Asia. Their impressive size, quick maturity, and versatility have made them a landscape favorite through out warmer parts of the United States.
Condition: One (1) Well rooted, starter size plant growing and shipped in a 4 inch diameter plastic pot. Plant will be a minimum of about 6 to 8 inches tall and unlikely to have bloom or bud at the time of shipping. *Limited Conditional Warranty: Warranty is limited to guaranteeing plants will arrive safely and in good and healthy condition, and is conditioned on Seller receiving prompt notice (within 24 hours of delivery) of any problem with the condition accompanied by photo validation. No other additional, extended or long term Warranty is expressed or implied.
- Brand: Emerald Goddess Gardens
- Common Name: Green Giant Amazon Lily or Spider Lily
- Bloom Form: Unique to the species
- Mature Size: 6 to 8 feet
- Fragrance: Yes
- Suggested Uses: Accent, Mass Plant, Focal, Anchor, Transition
- House Plant Adapative: Yes
- Country of Origin: USA
- Limited Conditional Warranty: Healthy Arrival
- Extended Long Term Warranty: None
- Manufacturer:Emerald Goddess Gardens
- Climate: Semi-Tropical
- Color: Green Leaves White Flowers
- Special Features: Easy to grow, quick to establish, fragrant flowers
- Species: Crinum asiaticum
- Sunlight: Full Sun to Light Shade
- USDA Hardiness Zone: 8, 9, 10, 11
- Watering: Moderate