American Beauty is large, slow growing Crown of Thorns cultivar.
It is grows slowly, but will eventually reach a mature height of about 3 feet. The growth habit is upright and erect with minimal branching.
The flowers are bright, deep, blood red scarlet and large (as compared to other types), averaging about 1 inch across.
The plant has a cactus like appearance with large soft thorns along the fleshy stem, but is not a true cactus. Leaves are succulent, thick, rounded and fleshy.
Crown of Thorns plants are excellent choices for dry areas in subtropical to tropical landscapes, and make excellent potted plants for the porch or patio in colder climates where they can be wintered over indoors with supplemental lighting and appropriate care.
This one has many versatile uses. It can be mass planted, used as a boundary or barrier planting, transition, accent or focal feature, or grown as a large garden pot indefinitely.
American Beauty is an old heirloom selected cultivar. Plants are commercially produced from cuttings and are not harvested or obtain from an foreign sources, and are not subject to any shipping restrictions.
Condition: One (1) Well rooted, starter size plant growing and shipped in a 4 inch diameter plastic pot. Plant will be a minimum of about 6 to 8 inches tall and unlikely to have bloom or bud at the time of shipping.
*Limited Conditional Warranty: Warranty is limited to guaranteeing plants will arrive safely and in good and healthy condition, and is conditioned on Seller receiving prompt notice (within 24 hours of delivery) of any problem with the condition accompanied by photo validation.
No other additional, extended or long term Warranty is expressed or implied.
- Brand: Emerald Goddess Gardens
- Common Name: Crown of Thorns American Beauty
- Bloom Form: Unique to the species
- Mature Size: 3 feet
- Fragrance: None
- Suggested Uses: Mass Plant, Transition, Accent, Feature, Potted
- House Plant Adapative: Yes, supplemental light required
- Country of Origin: USA
- Limited Conditional Warranty: Healthy Arrival
- Extended Long Term Warranty: None
- Manufacturer:Emerald Goddess Gardens TM
- Climate: Tropical
- Color: Red
- Special Features: Bright color, drought tolerant, interesting shape and texture.
- Species: Euphoribia milii American Beauty
- Sunlight: Full sun
- USDA Hardiness Zone: 9, 10, 11
- Watering: Minimal