Euphorbia lutea is a gorgeous dwarf crown of thorns, sporting thin stems with fine thorns and everlasting clusters of pastel yellow blooms. It has a pleasing round growth habit and is a versatile plant with many possibilities. It makes a great bedding or border planting. It also is nice potted plant and can be used as a corner anchor and transitional item in the landscape. This cultivar is a dwarf form that only reaches about 1' to 2' tall when mature, and is almost always covered in buttery yellow tinted flowers (well actually the little flower is the greenish center and the colored portion is a bract (a special kind of leaf, that changes color, ie poinsettias
Crown of Thorns are spiny succulent shrubs that resemble cacti, but are not in the same botanical family. They are more closely related to poinsettias. The plant family is large and ancient, being named for Euphorbus, the Greek physician of King Juba II (about 50 bc to 19 AD)who is crediting with the discovery of these plants.
Condition: One (1) Well rooted, starter size plant growing and shipped in a 4 inch diameter plastic pot. Plant will be a minimum of about 3 to 6 inches tall and unlikely to have bloom or bud at the time of shipping.
*Limited Conditional Warranty: Warranty is limited to guaranteeing plants will arrive safely and in good and healthy condition, and is conditioned on Seller receiving prompt notice (within 24 hours of delivery) of any problem with the condition accompanied by photo validation.
No other additional, extended or long term Warranty is expressed or implied.
- Brand: Emerald Goddess Gardens
- Common Name: Crown of Thorns Lutea, Dwarf Yellow Crown of Thorns
- Bloom Form: Unique to the species
- Mature Size: 2 feet
- Fragrance: None
- Suggested Uses: Mass Plant, Transition, Accent, Feature, Potted
- House Plant Adapative: Yes, supplemental light required
- Country of Origin: USA
- Limited Conditional Warranty: Healthy Arrival
- Extended Long Term Warranty: None
- Manufacturer:Emerald Goddess Gardens R
- Climate: Tropical
- Color: Buttery Yellow
- Special Features: Bright color, drought tolerant, interesting shape and texture.
- Species: Euphoribia lutea
- Sunlight: Full sun
- USDA Hardiness Zone: 9, 10, 11
- Watering: Minimal