Hibiscus tilaceus variegata also known as Tricolor Sea Hibiscus or Mahoe is a large growing shrub/tree that will mature at between 15 to 30 feet, depending on care and climate.
Primarily grown for the unique and beautifully colored large heart shaped leaves that emerge as pink bronze and mature to be splashed and striped in varying shades of green and cream.
The Mahoe blooms randomly in warm weather with a large, open, short lived flower that opens as a bright pastel yellow with a deep ruby/maroon eye and then gradually change to coral and then red before dropping away the next day.
Mahoes are exceptionally salt tolerant, so well suited for seaside planting, native to Florida, Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands, grow along the beach, brackish riverside, and mangrove swamps. They are tolerant of a wide range of poor sandy conditions, require little care or maintenance once well established.
Mahoes can be adapted to be grown indoors as a large potted plant, but will eventually become too large for the space.
Condition: One (1) Well rooted, starter size plant growing and shipped in a 4 inch diameter plastic pot. Plant will be a minimum of about 6 to 8 inches tall and unlikely to have bloom or bud at the time of shipping. *Limited Conditional Warranty: Warranty is limited to guaranteeing plants will arrive safely and in good and healthy condition, and is conditioned on Seller receiving prompt notice (within 24 hours of delivery) of any problem with the condition accompanied by photo validation. \n\nNo other additional, extended or long term Warranty is expressed or implied.
- Brand: Emerald Goddess Gardens TM
- Common Name: Mahoe
- Bloom Form: Large Open Single
- Mature Size: 30 feet
- Fragrance: None
- Suggested Uses: Seaside, Urban
- House Plant Adapative: Yes with consideration to eventual size
- Country of Origin: USA
- Limited Conditional Warranty: Healthy Arrival
- Extended Long Term Warranty: None
- Manufacturer:Emerald Goddess Gardens TM
- Climate: Tropical
- Color: Variegated foliage, yellow coral flower
- Special Features: Colored Foliage, Pretty Flower, Salt Tolerant, Fast Growing
- Species: Hibiscus tilaceus variegata
- Sunlight: Full sun to light shade
- USDA Hardiness Zone: 9, 10. 11
- Watering: Moderate until well established
Current Reviews: 1