For those that appreciate the romantic and historical connections provided by our gardens, there could be no better choice than the Jasmine Officinale, as this plant has been cultivated and enjoyed for many centuries.
Romantic legends and traditions that reference the Jasmine plant cross many centuries, continents and cultures.It is believed to have originated in Central Asia, based on references to it in ancient Chinese texts. Modern texts consider it native to Europe, the Far and Middle East. It is the National Flower of Pakistan.
Jasmine officinale is a quick growing vine with sharply pointed pinnate leaves that produces clusters of small, pure white, twisted star-shaped, wonderfully fragrant, flowers. It is known by several common names, including Spanish, French and Poets Jasmine.
It is adaptable to indoor potted culture with adequate light.
Officinale is the most cold tolerant of the species. Well established plants generall survive cold temperatures to the mid 20sºF.
Condition: One (1) Well rooted, starter size plant growing and shipped in a 4 inch diameter plastic pot. Plant will be a minimum of about 6 to 8 inches tall and unlikely to have bloom or bud at the time of shipping.
*Limited Conditional Warranty: Warranty is limited to guaranteeing plants will arrive safely and in good and healthy condition, and is conditioned on Seller receiving prompt notice (within 24 hours of delivery) of any problem with the condition accompanied by photo validation.
No other additional, extended or long term Warranty is expressed or implied.
- Brand: Emerald Goddess Gardens
- Common Name: Spanish, French or Poets Jamine
- Bloom Form: Single
- Mature Size: 10 to 15 feet
- Fragrance: Yes
- Suggested Uses: Fence, trellis, support, houseplant, potted.
- House Plant Adapative: Yes, but may require supplemental light to flower
- Country of Origin: USA
- Limited Conditional Warranty: Healthy Arrival
- Extended Long Term Warranty: None
- Manufacturer:Emerald Goddess Gardens TM
- Climate: Temperate to Semi-Tropical
- Color: White
- Special Features: Easy to grow, intensely fragrant, can be grown indoors
- Species: Jasminimum officinale grandiflora
- Sunlight: Full sun to very light shade
- USDA Hardiness Zone: 7, 8, 9
- Watering: Moderate