Rangoon Creeper is a woody, fast growing vine that produces fragrant, clusters of white, pink, red and maroon small, tubular florets.
The single flowering type is the most common. and is widely cultivated throughout the tropics and sub-tropics.
Common names are Chinese Honeysuckle and Drunken Sailor Vine.
Fragrant flowers begin to appear in the late spring to early summer, and continue until the days shorten and nights grow cooler.
Buds open white, then change to a range of white, pink and maroon.
Best placement includes a support for the plant to climb. It can also be allowed to run and free flow down embankments and slopes to slow run off and control erosion.
The plant is relatively easy to grow, but requires careful tending while becoming established, as it does not easily recover from being either too wet or dry, or sudden shifts in temperature. Rangoon Creeper enters a resting, semi dormant phase in the Winter months in all climates. Rangoon Creeper enters a resting, semi dormant phase in the Winter months in all climates. and may not emerge from dormancy in climates where the growing season is short and nights are cool.
Rangoon Creeper is an extremely tropical vine sensitive to any shift in temperature. Please take note of the recommended zone range and growing season before purchasing this plant. Rangoon Creeper enters dormancy near the end of the growing season and defoliates. This plant can be difficult to establish in any climate and may struggle to survive outside the recommended zone range. Please note that Emerald Goddess Gardens does not offer any extended warranty on plants beyond healthy arrival. Purchase Rangoon Creeper Vine outside of recommended zone range or outside of growing season at your own risk with the understanding that it is difficult to cultivate under these conditions.
Condition: One (1) Well rooted, starter size plant growing and shipped in a 4 inch diameter plastic pot. Plant will be a minimum of about 6 to 8 inches tall and unlikely to have bloom or bud at the time of shipping.
*Limited Conditional Warranty: Warranty is limited to guaranteeing plants will arrive safely and in good and healthy condition, and is conditioned on Seller receiving prompt notice (within 24 hours of delivery) of any problem with the condition accompanied by photo validation. No other additional, extended or long term Warranty is expressed or implied.
- Brand: Emerald Goddess Gardens
- Common Name: Rangoon Creeper, Chinese Honeysuckle, Drunken Sailor Vine
- Bloom Form: Single floret in clusters
- Mature Size: 20 to 30 feet
- Fragrance: Yes
- Suggested Uses: Support, Fence, Trellis, Feature, Espalier, Raised Planters, Em
- House Plant Adapative: Yes, but not easily, may require supplemental light to flower
- Country of Origin: USA
- Limited Conditional Warranty: Healthy Arrival
- Extended Long Term Warranty: None
- Manufacturer:Emerald Goddess Gardens TM
- Climate: Tropical
- Color: White, Pink, Red
- Special Features: Fragrant, showy flowers
- Species: Quisqualis or Combretum indicum
- Sunlight: Light Shade
- USDA Hardiness Zone: 9, 10, 11
- Watering: Moderate. Consistent soil moisture is essential.