Mexican Petunia or Bluebell is fast growing semi tropical flowering shrub native to the Mexico. It is best known for season long color, as well as a tendency to escape from the planting area. It grows wild on roadsides in Mexico and Central and South America.
Dwarf Katy or Baby Kate Ruellia is a smaller, dwarf growing version with all the best features, and no less desirable ones. They never grow larger than about 12 to 14 inches tall , are sterile hybrids that do not set seed, or invade other areas.
The three colors, purple, pink and white, have identical leaves and growth habits, and so can be used is single color mass plantings or in mixed color beds. They make great filler and borders for mixed perennial beds as well as adapting well to permanent potted culture. They are perpetual bloomers that require little maintenance beyond occasional routine pruning and feeding.
The flowers are bright colored, five petaled petunia-like singles and are present nearly year round in warm climates.
Condition: One (1) Well rooted, starter size plant growing and shipped in a 4 inch diameter plastic pot. Plant will be a minimum of about 6 to 8 inches tall and unlikely to have bloom or bud at the time of shipping. *Limited Conditional Warranty: Warranty is limited to guaranteeing plants will arrive safely and in good and healthy condition, and is conditioned on Seller receiving prompt notice (within 24 hours of delivery) of any problem with the condition accompanied by photo validation.
No other additional, extended or long term Warranty is expressed or implied.
- Brand: Emerald Goddess Gardens R
- Common Name: Kate or Katy Dwarf Mexican Petunia
- Bloom Form: Five petaled single
- Mature Size: 12 to 18 inches
- Fragrance: None
- Suggested Uses: Borders, Bedding, Mass Plant, Mixed Perennials, Potted
- House Plant Adapative: Yes, but may require supplemental light to flower
- Country of Origin: USA
- Limited Conditional Warranty: Healthy Arrival
- Extended Long Term Warranty: None
- Manufacturer:Emerald Goddess Gardens R
- Climate: Tropical
- Color: Pink
- Special Features: Easy to grow, prolific nearly year round bloomer
- Species: Ruellia compacta
- Sunlight: Full sun to very light shade
- USDA Hardiness Zone: 9, 10, 11
- Watering: Moderate