The Odorata Ixora is a unique old heirloom cultivar that blooms white and has the unique distinctions of being somewhat more cold tolerant than others, will grow and flower in moderate shade and is lightly fragrant.
The growth habit is tall, open and upright, maturing at about 4 to 5 feet tall if left to its own devices. It has large, dull green, elongated leaves with a prominent red vein that grow in opposing pairs.
Odorata blooms somewhat seasonally, with the peak bloom occurring in the late spring to early summer. It will frequently throw scattered flowers throughout the warm season with another bloom cycle in the fall.
Although Odorata is somewhat more cold tolerant than many ixoras, it still will perform best with good protection from the cold. It can often withstand exposure to lower temps for a longer during, but generally does defoliate, burn back and suffer damage as a result.
The flowers are large 4 to 6 inch clusters of star shaped florets, that open slowly in bright pure white and then fade to a creamy, yellow-ivory as they age.
Condition: One (1) well rooted, starter size plant growing and shipped in a 4 inch diameter plastic pot. Plant will be a minimum of about 6 to 8 inches tall and unlikely to have bloom or bud at the time of shipping. *Limited Conditional Warranty: Warranty is limited to guaranteeing plants will arrive safely and in good and healthy condition, and is conditioned on Seller receiving prompt notice (within 24 hours of delivery) of any problem with the condition accompanied by photo validation.
No other additional, extended or long term Warranty is expressed or implied.
- Brand: Emerald Goddess Gardens
- Common Name: Ixora Odorata
- Bloom Form: Cluster florets
- Mature Size: 4 to 6 feet
- Fragrance: Light
- Suggested Uses: Hedge, accent, potted
- House Plant Adapative: Yes with careful acclimation and supplemental light
- Country of Origin:
- Limited Conditional Warranty: Healthy arrival
- Extended Long Term Warranty: None
- Manufacturer:Emerald Goddess Gardens TM
- Climate: Semi-Tropical
- Color: Wihte to yellow
- Special Features: Large lightly fragrant flower head
- Species: Ixora odorata
- Sunlight: Best in light to moderate sade
- USDA Hardiness Zone: 8B, 9, 10
- Watering: Moderate