Seven Sisters is beautiful old climbing or rambling rose that is a prized favorite, especially throughout the South.
It produces bountiful hanging boughs of clusters of doubled like clockwork in the late spring to early summer in shades ranging from carmine through rose pink to mauve to creamy white at the ends of long, thorny, arching canes.
While Seven Sisters is only moderately aggressive in it's climbing rambling habit, it does require a sizeable space as it matures. At maturity, runners can reach out 15 feet or more fairly quickly. Frequent pruning, especially after flowering is required to keep it in check. Avoid pruning in the Winter and/or early Spring to avoid reducing bud wood.
Otherwise, Seven Sisters is very carefree and can take care of herself once well established. The plant develops a deep, strong root system that is naturally nematode resistant. The plant is resilient and will self cure black spot that might occur during periods of heavy rain, high heat and humidity.
It will grow in almost any type soil, except those that are highly alkaline or drain poorly.
Condition: One (1) Well rooted, starter size plant growing and shipped in a 4 inch diameter plastic pot. Plant will be a minimum of about 6 to 8 inches tall and unlikely to have bloom or bud at the time of shipping. *Limited Conditional Warranty: Warranty is limited to guaranteeing plants will arrive safely and in good and healthy condition, and is conditioned on Seller receiving prompt notice (within 24 hours of delivery) of any problem with the condition accompanied by photo validation.\n\n No other additional, extended or long term Warranty is expressed or implied.
- Brand: Emerald Goddess Gardens TM
- Common Name: Seven Sisters
- Bloom Form: Small to mid sized double
- Mature Size: 15 feet +
- Fragrance: YES
- Suggested Uses: Trellis, Support, Free Form
- House Plant Adapative: No
- Country of Origin: USA
- Limited Conditional Warranty: Healthy Arrival
- Extended Long Term Warranty: None
- Manufacturer:Emerald Goddess Gardens TM
- Climate: Cold Tolerant Once Well Established
- Color: Multi-toned Pink
- Special Features: Resilient, disease resistant, showy bloom
- Species: Rosa chinensis Seven Sisters
- Sunlight: Full Sun
- USDA Hardiness Zone: 6, 7, 8, 9
- Watering: Moderate