Rothica microphylla (formerly Clerodendrum incisum) or Musical Notes is a fast growing tropical perennial flowering shrub that blooms throughout most of the warm season in tropical climates. It flowers with long, pure white split tubular blossoms with pretty red stamens tipped with bright yellow pollen covered pistils that resemble small white butterflies.
Though short lived, and lasting only a few days, the flowers are showy and eye catching by virtue of their abundance and cool, calm elegance. However it is the unique and interesting shape these pretty flowers have in the bud stage that makes this plant most appealing.
The, round, flat buds nod from atop long celery green stems that arch from a central terminal in a cluster on long stems resembling a musical note.
It is also commonly called Witch's Tongue, Morning Kiss, Do Re Mi Flower. It is one of the more than 400 species of Clerondendrum and is native to tropical Africa. This plant has dozens of interesting uses in almost any landscape.
Condition: One (1) Well rooted, starter size plant growing and shipped in a 4 inch diameter plastic pot. Plant will be a minimum of about 6 to 8 inches tall and unlikely to have bloom or bud at the time of shipping.
*Limited Conditional Warranty: Warranty is limited to guaranteeing plants will arrive safely and in good and healthy condition, and is conditioned on Seller receiving prompt notice (within 24 hours of delivery) of any problem with the condition accompanied by photo validation.
No other additional, extended or long term Warranty is expressed or implied.
- Brand: Emerald Goddess Gardens TM
- Common Name: Musical Notes, Witches Tongue, Do Re Me Flower
- Bloom Form: Long Tubule
- Mature Size: 4 to 5 feet
- Fragrance: None
- Suggested Uses: Shade Garden, Hedge, Mass Plant, Accent, Feature, Potted
- House Plant Adapative: No
- Country of Origin: USA
- Limited Conditional Warranty: Healthy Arrival
- Extended Long Term Warranty: None
- Manufacturer:Emerald Goddess Gardens TM
- Climate: Tropical
- Color: Celadon green, creamy white
- Special Features: Unusual Flower
- Species: Rothica microphylla aka Clerodendrum incisum
- Sunlight: Best in light shade
- USDA Hardiness Zone: 9. 10. 11
- Watering: Moderate