The Bi-Color Buddleia was hybridized at a prominent southern agricultural university in 1999. It is a hybrid cross from Buddleia weyeriana Honeycomb x davidii, and has become one of the most popular Butterfly Bushes in US and UK.
Big, full, scented blooms emerge in late Spring to early Summer, opening as a solid blue toned lavender body that then changes to multi-shades of pink, peach, and purple as the bloom ages.
The bush has the classic growth habit of others of the species, growing lanky and upright with arching, flexible stems. The multi-hued flowers are nectar rich and equally attractive to butterflies and hummingbirds as the parent species.
Primarily sold in the US as Bi-Color and in the UK as Flower Power, and also by few other grower specific names such Kaleidoscope and TriColour.
While Buddleias are an excellent nectar source for adult Butterflies, they are not hosts. A balanced Butterfly habitat should also include other varied species of host plants.
Condition: One (1) Well rooted, starter size plant growing and shipped in a 4 inch diameter plastic pot. Plant will be a minimum of about 6 to 8 inches tall and unlikely to have bloom or bud at the time of shipping.
*Limited Conditional Warranty: Warranty is limited to guaranteeing plants will arrive safely and in good and healthy condition, and is conditioned on Seller receiving prompt notice (within 24 hours of delivery) of any problem with the condition accompanied by photo validation. No other additional, extended or long term Warranty is expressed or implied.
- Brand: Emerald Goddess Gardens
- Common Name: Butterfly Bush Flower Power or Bi-Color
- Bloom Form: Panicle
- Mature Size: 4 to 5 feet
- Fragrance: Yes, Lilac-Lic
- Suggested Uses: Boundary, Mixed Perennial, Habitat, Garden Pot
- House Plant Adapative: Not recommended due to size and light needs
- Country of Origin: USA
- Limited Conditional Warranty: Healthy arrival
- Extended Long Term Warranty: None
- Manufacturer:Emerald Goddess Gardens tm
- Climate: Tmeprate
- Color: Lavender, pink, peach
- Special Features: Showy, fragrant flowers attract butterflies
- Species: Buddleia weyeriana Honeycomb x davidii
- Sunlight: Full sun to partial shade
- USDA Hardiness Zone: 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
- Watering: Moderate\n\"TRAD SPAT TRI-O4F\"