If you want your garden to be a favorite stopping off place for butterflies and hummingbirds, the Buddleias are a must have. This is an easy to grow shrub that establishes quickly and can reach heights above 6 feet tall in a single season. Fragrant flowers that smell like lilacs are born in 8 to 10 inch panicles at the ends of gracefully arching long stems, hence the common name Summer Lilac. The flowers are rich in nectar and are irresistible to butterflies and hummingbirds, and grow in a variety of colors, ranging from dark almost black purples, pale pastel blue and pink toned lavenders and golden, buttery pastel yellows. Nanho Purple Buddleia produces delicate mauve to purple flowers that cluster along the panicles characteristic to this species. This cultivar can grow leggily to 10 feet, but performs best if regularly trimmed into a 3 to 5 foot bush and planted in full sun.
Condition: One (1) Well rooted, starter size plant growing and shipped in a 4 inch diameter plastic pot. Plant will be a minimum of about 6 to 8 inches tall and unlikely to have bloom or bud at the time of shipping.
*Limited Conditional Warranty: Warranty is limited to guaranteeing plants will arrive safely and in good and healthy condition, and is conditioned on Seller receiving prompt notice (within 24 hours of delivery) of any problem with the condition accompanied by photo validation. No other additional, extended or long term Warranty is expressed or implied.
- Brand: Emerald Goddess Gardens
- Common Name: Butterfly Bush \'Nanho Purple\'
- Bloom Form: Panicle
- Mature Size: 4 to 5 feet
- Fragrance: Yes, Lilac-Lic
- Suggested Uses: Boundary, Mixed Perennial, Habitat, Garden Pot
- House Plant Adapative: Not recommended due to size and light needs
- Country of Origin: USA
- Limited Conditional Warranty: Healthy arrival
- Extended Long Term Warranty: None
- Manufacturer:Emerald Goddess Gardens
- Climate: Temeprate
- Color: Mauve to purple
- Special Features: Showy, fragrant flowers attract butterflies
- Species: Buddleia davidii \'Nanho Purple\'
- Sunlight: Full sun to partial shade
- USDA Hardiness Zone: 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
- Watering: Moderate