Little John Bottlebrush is a somewhat rare, lesser known dwarf cultivar of the bottlebrush tree. It is a miniature form that has bright vibrant blood red bottle brush shaped cones of flowers, dense tight green/blue foliage, interesting gray gnarly bark.....blooms spring thru late fall, frequently used for bonsai.
Little John Bottlebrush is native to Australia.
This cultivar grows to be 3 to 4 feet tall at most. It is a slow grower that can be used in the landscape in many attractive ways; makes bright colorful hedges or accent plants and is useful in any application where a low slow growing mounding shrub is needed, such as under windows.
Dwarf Bottlebrush is very well suited to potted culture and makes excellent dwarf specimen plants.
This cultivar is also very popular with bonsai enthusiasts, as the trunk becomes grey and gnarly, lending much character with age.
Butterflies, bees and especially hummingbirds are attracted to the vibrant blood red brush shaped cones of flowers, which are present from mid spring until late fall, so it is a nice choice for butterfly gardens, near bird feeders, or other garden observation points. The leaves are a dense dark blue green elongated and grow very dense and tight to the stems.
Condition: One (1)Mature, well rooted starter size plant growing and shipped in a 4 inch diameter plastic pot. Plant will be a minimum of about 4 to 6 inches tall and unlikely to have bloom or bud at the time of shipping. *Limited Conditional Warranty: Warranty is limited to guaranteeing plants will arrive safely and in good and healthy condition, and is conditioned on Seller receiving prompt notice (within 24 hours of delivery) of any problem with the condition accompanied by photo validation. No other additional, extended or long term Warranty is expressed or implied.
- Brand: Emerald Goddess Gardens
- Common Name: Bottlebrush Little John
- Bloom Form: Bottlebrush shaped unique to the species
- Mature Size: 3 to 4 feet
- Fragrance: None
- Suggested Uses: Hedge, Accent, Focal, Potted, Bonsai
- House Plant Adapative: Yes With Supplemental Full
- Country of Origin:
- Limited Conditional Warranty: Healthy Arrival
- Extended Long Term Warranty: None
- Manufacturer:Emeraldl Goddess Gardens TM
- Climate: Semi-Tropical
- Color: Red
- Special Features: Slow compact growth habit
- Species: Callistemon viminalis compacta
- Sunlight: Full Sun to Partial Light Shade
- USDA Hardiness Zone: 8, 9, 10, 11
- Watering: Moderate