Pink Lemonade Blueberry is a unique blueberry cultivar that is a cross between northern highbush blueberries and other rabbiteye cultivars. It was developed at the Wallace Agricultural Research Facility in Arkasas in 2005. The goal of the developers was to increase cold hardiness and commercial growing range of a favorite Southern growing berry. The pink berries were a wonderful serendipitous surprise.
The story of the Pink Lemonade Blueberry gets better, because the unusual, pretty, vivid hot pink berries are only one of this plants great attributes. It is also a very lovely plant with fine dark green foliage that changes to red orange in the Fall with pretty red stems throughout the winter when it's dormant, that are then all decked out in lightly fragrant white and pink flowers in the early spring. The late season berries are green when they first appear and change to vivid hot pink as they ripen in July and August. it has a low to moderate chill requirement of 300 to 500 hours. @ 45*F.
Condition: One (1) Well rooted, starter size plant growing and shipped in a 4 inch diameter plastic pot. Plant will be a minimum of about 6 to 8 inches tall and unlikely to have bloom or bud at the time of shipping.\n\n *Limited Conditional Warranty: Warranty is limited to guaranteeing plants will arrive safely and in good and healthy condition, and is conditioned on Seller receiving prompt notice (within 24 hours of delivery) of any problem with the condition accompanied by photo validation. No other additional, extended or long term Warranty is expressed or implied.
- Brand: Emerald Goddess Gardens
- Common Name: Pink Lemonade
- Bloom Form: Single
- Mature Size: 4 to feet
- Fragrance: Flowers are lightly fragrant
- Suggested Uses: Hedge, Accent, Fruit Garden, Potted
- House Plant Adapative: Not recommended
- Country of Origin: USA
- Limited Conditional Warranty: Healthy Arrival
- Extended Long Term Warranty: None
- Manufacturer:Emerald Goddess Gardens tm
- Climate: Cold Tolerant
- Color: Pink and White Flowers Pink Berry
- Special Features: Unique berry color, fragrant flowers, pretty plant
- Species: Vaccinium hybrid
- Sunlight: Best n full sun
- USDA Hardiness Zone: 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9A
- Watering: Moderate