The Freedom Blackberry was created by the University of Arkansas as the first thornless primocane fruiting blackberry in world. This blackberry is certainly an excellent addition to the collection of a weekend gardener or professional producer as the plant bears massive fruits. These delicious, often golf ball sized fruits are ultra-sweet and have the potential to appear on the plant twice annually.
Primocane fruiting means that the Freedom Blackberry will bear fruits in its first year of growth. In zones 3-5, this blackberry will survive and have floricane fruiting with ample attention. Growing your own fruits allows a fully organic process that will result in superior fruit with zero harsh chemicals.
Aside from producing an abundance tasty fruit for jelly, jam and cobblers, blackberries can also be utilized in many useful and attractive ways in the landscape. The upright cultivars can be used as hedge row, make a dense barrier/boundary planting, or grace a trellis.
Condition: One (1) Well rooted, starter size plant growing and shipped in a 4 inch diameter plastic pot. Plant will be a minimum of about 6 to 8 inches tall and unlikely to have bloom or bud at the time of shipping.
*Limited Conditional Warranty: Warranty is limited to guaranteeing plants will arrive safely and in good and healthy condition, and is conditioned on Seller receiving prompt notice (within 24 hours of delivery) of any problem with the condition accompanied by photo validation. No other additional, extended or long term Warranty is expressed or implied.
- Brand: Emerald Goddess Gardens
- Common Name: Freedom Blackberry
- Bloom Form: Single Multipetaled
- Mature Size: 3 to 5 ft.
- Fragrance: None
- Suggested Uses: Fruit Production, Small Hedge
- House Plant Adapative: Yes, may require supplemental lighting
- Country of Origin: USA
- Limited Conditional Warranty: Healthy Arrival
- Extended Long Term Warranty: None
- Manufacturer:Emerald Goddess Gardens TM
- Climate: Various
- Color: White
- Special Features: Huge Sweet Fruits, Thornless Canes
- Species: Rubus fruticosus \'APF-153T\' PPAF
- Sunlight: Full Sun
- USDA Hardiness Zone: (3, 4, 5 with cold protection), 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Watering: Moderate