Acalypha wilkesiana are a species of upright growing tropical shrubs grown primarly highly colorful leaves generally in tones of red, maroon, bronze, deep olive and dusty peach. There are many cultivars and much confusion and expert disagreement on exactly which cultivar is which. Macrophylla is an old cultivar and among the first to be widely grown in the southern ornamental landscape market.
It grows into large, full, rounded shrub maturing at about 6 to 10 feet. Leaves begin as a deep olive green and develop splashes and speckles of various other colors as they age. Colors will change with seasons, stage of growth, and amount of light. Leaf color is less intense with increasing shade. It does flower, but blooms are nondescript. This plant is grown for color in foliage.
Copper Leaf makes a great as accent or as mass planting. Easy to grow and requires little maintenance aside adequate watering and frequent light pruning to refresh color and maintain shape and size.
Condition: One (1) Well rooted, starter size plant growing and shipped in a 4 inch diameter plastic pot. Plant will be a minimum of about 6 to 8 inches tall and unlikely to have bloom or bud at the time of shipping.
*Limited Conditional Warranty: Warranty is limited to guaranteeing plants will arrive safely and in good and healthy condition, and is conditioned on Seller receiving prompt notice (within 24 hours of delivery) of any problem with the condition accompanied by photo validation. No other additional, extended or long term Warranty is expressed or implied.
- Brand: Emerald Goddess Gardens
- Common Name: Heart Leaf, Beefsteak Plant, Copper Leaf, Macro
- Bloom Form: Nondescript
- Mature Size: 8 to 10 feet
- Fragrance: None
- Suggested Uses: Hedge, boundary, mixed perennials, garden pots
- House Plant Adapative: Yes but may require supplemental lighting
- Country of Origin: USA
- Limited Conditional Warranty: Healthy Arrival
- Extended Long Term Warranty: None
- Manufacturer:Emerald Goddess Gardens tm
- Climate: Tropical
- Color: Pink, Green, Bronze Leaves
- Special Features: Brightly colored large leaves
- Species: Acaphyla macrophylla
- Sunlight: Full sun to light shade
- USDA Hardiness Zone: 9,10.11
- Watering: Moderate