Gelsemium sempervirens or Carolina Jasmine or Jessamine is a yellow blooming tendriled vine that is native to many southern states from Virginia to Florida and west to Texas.
It goes largely unnoticed all year until it bursts out in bright yellow swags of inch long trumpet shaped flowers hanging through the trees in upland woods and near river banks in the spring. It is a quick growing, easy to establish vine that will quickly cover trellises, arbors, walls or climb in nearby trees. The natural growth habit is to climb and cascade, so it needs little coaxing However it is a fairly well behaved fine growing vine that can be safely used on porches, mailboxes, patios and decks and entry arches. It is easily adapted to container growing, and looks amazing trellised in pots. It can also be used as ground cover and as a erosion stabilizing planting on steep embankments.
Condition: One (1) Well rooted, starter size plant growing and shipped in a 4 inch diameter plastic pot. Plant will be a minimum of about 6 to 8 inches tall and unlikely to have bloom or bud at the time of shipping.\n\n*Limited Conditional Warranty: Warranty is limited to guaranteeing plants will arrive safely and in good and healthy condition, and is conditioned on Seller receiving prompt notice (within 24 hours of delivery) of any problem with the condition accompanied by photo validation.\n\n No other additional, extended or long term Warranty is expressed or implied.
- Brand: Emerald Goddess Gardens
- Common Name: North Carolina Jasmine
- Bloom Form: Small trumpets
- Mature Size: 10-15 feet runners
- Fragrance: Yes
- Suggested Uses: Trellis, Fence, Erosion Control, Ground Cover, Planters, Baskets
- House Plant Adapative: Yes, but may require supplemental light to flower
- Country of Origin: USA
- Limited Conditional Warranty: Healthy Arrival
- Extended Long Term Warranty: None
- Manufacturer:Emerald Goddess Gardens TM
- Climate: Temperate to Tropical
- Color: Yellow
- Special Features: Easy to grow, quick to establish, showy fragrant flowers
- Species: Gelsemium sempervirens
- Sunlight: Full sun to light shade
- USDA Hardiness Zone: 7, 8, 9
- Watering: Drought tolerant once well established