Juanulloa mexicana or aurantica is a rare and uncommon colorful blooming vine-like tropical epiphyte (orchid like) shrub that is native to South America, and an absolute must have for any tropical plant collector or gardener, who is drawn to the different, unique, unusual and exotic. Its home outside of the native rainforest habitat is typically in a Botanical Garden or Conservatory.
It is commonly called Goldfinger Bush or Vine because of the resemblance of the elongated, elliptical shaped golden orange buds to fingers. The opening up of the buds is a long cycle that takes several weeks to complete, making the plant a very showy and attention getting garden centerpiece.
The plant grows lush and full quickly in the warm season, with long, arching, vine-like canes, but enters semi dormancy in the Winter. It will not climb on its own, but can be trained to a trellis or other support easily.
This is a great plant for Hummingbird and Butterfly Gardens as the flowers are a rich and long lasting nectar source, but not a favored host plant for butterfly eggs or larvae.
Condition: One (1) Well rooted, starter size plant growing and shipped in a 4 inch diameter plastic pot. Plant will be a minimum of about 6 to 8 inches tall and unlikely to have bloom or bud at the time of shipping.\n\n *Limited Conditional Warranty: Warranty is limited to guaranteeing plants will arrive safely and in good and healthy condition, and is conditioned on Seller receiving prompt notice (within 24 hours of delivery) of any problem with the condition accompanied by photo validation. \n\nNo other additional, extended or long term Warranty is expressed or implied.
- Brand: Emerald Goddess Gardens
- Common Name: Gold Finger Vine
- Bloom Form: Unique to the species
- Mature Size: 6 feet
- Fragrance: Light
- Suggested Uses: Focal, Accent, Potted
- House Plant Adapative: Yes May Require Supplemental Light To Flower
- Country of Origin: USA
- Limited Conditional Warranty: Healthy Arrival
- Extended Long Term Warranty: Healthy Arrival
- Manufacturer:Emerald Goddess Gardens TM
- Climate: Tropical
- Color: Golden Orange
- Special Features: Unusual brightly colored flowers attract hummingbirds
- Species: Juanulloa mexicana or aurantiaca
- Sunlight: Best in light shade
- USDA Hardiness Zone: 9, 10, 11
- Watering: Moderate