Chocolate Chip Bugleweed is a type of Ajuga, which is made up predominately of low growing, ground cover plants with blue flowers. Chocolate Chip was developed in Italy by Valfredda Nursery, where it is known as Ajuga x tenori or Valfredda. It has smaller, more narrow leaves than other types in a dark olive toned green that blushes purple to chocolate brown.
Overall it grows lower, slower, and more dense, maturing at only about 4 inches tall, and is easier to contained, better behaved, and more disease resistant than other types as well, and is cold hardy, and has a multitude of interesting uses, such as a low maintenance, easy care ground cover, a replacement for turf grass in shady areas, as edging or filler for paths and stepping stones, a part of mixed perennial beds, mixed garden pots, or raised planters or baskets. It is an excellent choice for the deeply shaded areas where other ground covers fail. Once well established it can be mowed and trimmed much as grass would be.
Condition: One (1) Well rooted, starter size plant growing and shipped in a 4 inch diameter plastic pot. Plant will be a minimum of about 6 to 8 inches tall and unlikely to have bloom or bud at the time of shipping.
*Limited Conditional Warranty: Warranty is limited to guaranteeing plants will arrive safely and in good and healthy condition, and is conditioned on Seller receiving prompt notice (within 24 hours of delivery) of any problem with the condition accompanied by photo validation. No other additional, extended or long term Warranty is expressed or implied.
- Brand: Emerald Goddess Gardens
- Common Name: Ajuga Bugleweed Chocolate Chip
- Bloom Form: Spike of florets
- Mature Size: 4 inches
- Fragrance: None
- Suggested Uses: Ground Cover, Shade Garden, Rock Garden, Potted
- House Plant Adapative: Yes
- Country of Origin: USA
- Limited Conditional Warranty: Healthy Arrival
- Extended Long Term Warranty: None
- Manufacturer:Emerald Goddess Gardens tm
- Climate: Cold to Semi-Tropical
- Color: Blue
- Special Features: Cold Hardy, easy to grow, colorful, low maintenance
- Species: Ajuga x tenori Valfreda
- Sunlight: Shade
- USDA Hardiness Zone: 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
- Watering: Moderate