The Apricot Glow Abutilon is an attractive semi-tropical flowering shrub with large maple shaped leaves that reach mature heights of 3 to 5 feet on average and produce pretty, unusual upside down hanging, papery textured flowers, hence the common names of Flowering Maple and Chinese Lantern. It is one of group of hybrids from the Abutilon genus of about 200 species, mostly native to the tropics and sub-tropics.
The papery textured flowers begin to appear as fat, drooping buds in the early to mid summer in a long bloom cycle that lasts well into fall. The flowers of Apricot Glow are a pretty shade of Apricot toned yellow with bright red veins and red sepals, as well as a seldom noticed bright ruby red throat.
Uses include planting en masse, in a hedge row, incorporating into mixed perennial or tiered beds, or growing as a potted plant. It will grow in full sun, but performs best in light shade.
Condition: One (1) Well rooted, starter size plant growing and shipped in a 4 inch diameter plastic pot. Plant will be a minimum of about 6 to 8 inches tall and unlikely to have bloom or bud at the time of shipping.
*Limited Conditional Warranty: Warranty is limited to guaranteeing plants will arrive safely and in good and healthy condition, and is conditioned on Seller receiving prompt notice (within 24 hours of delivery) of any problem with the condition accompanied by photo validation. No other additional, extended or long term Warranty is expressed or implied.
- Brand: Emerald Goddess Gardens
- Common Name: Chinese Lantern or Flowering Maple
- Bloom Form: Upside down cup
- Mature Size: 4 to 5 feet
- Fragrance: None
- Suggested Uses: Mass plant, hedge, background, mixed beds, potted, indoors
- House Plant Adapative: Yes, but may require supplemental lighting to flower
- Country of Origin: USA
- Limited Conditional Warranty: Healthy Arrival
- Extended Long Term Warranty: None
- Manufacturer:Emerald Goddess Gardens tm
- Climate: Semi-Tropical
- Color: Apricot Yellow Red
- Special Features: Easy to grow, prolific, unusual blooms
- Species: Albutilon hybridum
- Sunlight: Full sun to Partial Shade
- USDA Hardiness Zone: 8, 9
- Watering: Moderate