The common name of this plant, Dwarf Yesterday, Today & Tomorrow, is derived from the profuse multi-hued flowers that grace the full bushy shrub from late spring to early fall. Appearing simultaneously are the flowers from yesterday (white), the flowers from today (lilac purple), and those of tomorrow (medium lavender).
The flowers of are about two inches wide, five petaled and shaped like pansies, and appear in clusters of about 8 to 10 multi- hued blossoms and are lightly fragrant.
It begins blooming in the early to mid Spring and continues to early fall in Zones 9 and South. The blossom is followed by an inedible berry.
This cultivar, Brunsfelia pauciflora 'compacta', differs from its larger counterpart in that in grows much more slowly, is more cold hardy, and is more sensitive to overwatering.
Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow was a popular and prized landscape plant throughout the South in the 40's and 50's. The fact that many of those can still be found growing in their original locations, is testament to this plants toughness and long lasting charm.
Condition: One (1) Well rooted, starter size plant growing and shipped in a 4 inch diameter plastic pot. Plant will be a minimum of about 6 to 8 inches tall and unlikely to have bloom or bud at the time of shipping.
*Limited Conditional Warranty: Warranty is limited to guaranteeing plants will arrive safely and in good and healthy condition, and is conditioned on Seller receiving prompt notice (within 24 hours of delivery) of any problem with the condition accompanied by photo validation.
No other additional, extended or long term Warranty is expressed or implied.
- Brand: Emerald Goddess Gardens
- Common Name: Dwarf Yesterday Today and Tomorrow
- Bloom Form: Five petal single in clusters
- Mature Size: 4 feet
- Fragrance: Slight
- Suggested Uses: Hedge, Boundary, Brackets, Accent, Transition, Potted
- House Plant Adapative: Not Recommended
- Country of Origin: USA
- Limited Conditional Warranty: Healthy Arrival
- Extended Long Term Warranty: None
- Manufacturer:Emerald Goddess Gardens R
- Climate: Semi-Tropical
- Color: Purple Lavender White
- Special Features: Easy to grow, colorful long lasting bloom
- Species: Brunsfelsia pauciflora \'compacta\'
- Sunlight: Full sun to very light shade
- USDA Hardiness Zone: 8B, 9, 10
- Watering: Moderate