.The Miami Supreme Gardenia is an old cultivar developed for the tropical landscape a few decades ago. It bears very large, fragrant flowers and is one of the most popular and best-loved of the species, especially in more tropical zones where others struggle with summer heat and humidity. Large, fat buds begin to appear en masse in the late spring and open slowly into large doubled blooms for several weeks to months, depending on climate.
Miami Supreme is less cold tolerant than others and was once believed to require grafting onto nematode-resistant rootstock. However, over time this has proved to be wrong, as it will grow and live a nice, long, happy life on its own roots with good care.
When in flower, the limbs make beautiful long-lasting cut flowers. The classic, elegant flowers are excellent choices for corsages and bridal bouquets. Gardenias are notoriously difficult to grow indoors. They are best grown outdoors and brought indoors for a short time when blooming.
Condition: One (1) Well rooted, starter size plant growing and shipped in a 4 inch diameter plastic pot. Plant will be a minimum of about 6 to 8 inches tall and unlikely to have bloom or bud at the time of shipping. *Limited Conditional Warranty: Warranty is limited to guaranteeing plants will arrive safely and in good and healthy condition, and is conditioned on Seller receiving prompt notice (within 24 hours of delivery) of any problem with the condition accompanied by photo validation. No other additional, extended or long term Warranty is expressed or implied.
- Brand: Emerald Goddess Gardens
- Common Name: Gardenia
- Bloom Form: Double
- Mature Size: 4 to 8 feet
- Fragrance: Intensely sweet
- Suggested Uses: Shade Garden, Hedge Row, Mixed Perennials, Accent, Potted
- House Plant Adapative: No
- Country of Origin:
- Limited Conditional Warranty: Healthy Arrival
- Extended Long Term Warranty: None
- Manufacturer:Emerald Goddess Gardens
- Climate: Semi-Tropical
- Color: White
- Special Features: Tough Resilient Plant, Grows on Own Roots, Very Fragrant
- Species: Gardenia jasminoides Miami Supreme
- Sunlight: Best in light shade
- USDA Hardiness Zone: 8, 9. 10
- Watering: Moderate