Dreadlocks is a newer Tropical Croton introduction, which, up until the past few seasons, has been fairly widely available in the chain stores.
However, that seems to have changed recently due to the length of time required to grow out a truly nice specimen. This is a really unique and interesting croton, and a great choice for a show stopping focal point, but a very slow growing cultivar as compared to other crotons.
It grows moderately large, and will eventually mature at around 3 to 4 feet, with long, linear, ruffled leaves that taper slightly at the rounded ends.
The new growth emerges green, then changes to bright yellow, followed by bronze burgundy green tone, with paint splattered speckles of yellow, peach, red, and orange appearing as the leaf ages.
It is on the top 10 list of the most visually striking and interesting crotons. The color range shifts and changes depending on the age of the growth, available light and current ambient temperatures.
This croton takes time to reach its full size and color range. Starter plants tend to be mostly green and yellow.
Condition: One (1) Well rooted, starter size plant growing and shipped in a 4 inch diameter plastic pot. Plant will be a minimum of about 6 to 8 inches tall and unlikely to have bloom or bud at the time of shipping. *Limited Conditional Warranty: Warranty is limited to guaranteeing plants will arrive safely and in good and healthy condition, and is conditioned on Seller receiving prompt notice (within 24 hours of delivery) of any problem with the condition accompanied by photo validation. \n\nNo other additional, extended or long term Warranty is expressed or implied.
- Brand: Emerald Goddess Gardens
- Common Name: Dreadlocks
- Bloom Form: Nondescript beige bloom
- Mature Size: 3 to 4 feet
- Fragrance: None
- Suggested Uses: Shade Garden Accent, Focal Feature, Transition, Pot
- House Plant Adapative: Yes, may require supplemental light for full color
- Country of Origin: USA
- Limited Conditional Warranty: Healthy Arrival
- Extended Long Term Warranty: None
- Manufacturer:Emerald Goddess Gardens TM
- Climate: Tropical
- Color: Nondescript beige bloom
- Special Features: Unusual growth habit, showy color, slow grower
- Species: Codiaeum variegatum
- Sunlight: Best in light shade
- USDA Hardiness Zone: 9, 10, 11
- Watering: Moderate