Graptophyllum pictum or Milk Chocolate Jamaican Croton is a colorful, interesting, fast growing soft stemmed, tropical perennial. There are a number of different cultivars, but the classic plant has gorgeous olive and bronze colored foliage that asapts to varied conditions. The name 'milk chocolate' comes from another cultivar in this family called 'Chocolate Caricature' that sometimes loses its pink variegation to produce solely bronze leaves.
In the tropical landscape, the Milk Chocolate Jamaican Croton Plant makes a wonderful addition or background in mixed beds, as it will reach a mature height of around 6 feet fairly quickly, and requires little more than the most basic care. In colder zones it can be grown as an annual, a seasonal potted plant, or permanent houseplant.
The best placement for the Milk Chocolate Jamaican Croton is in very light shade. However it can be grown in full sun, but has high water requirements in that setting.
Condition: One (1) Well rooted, starter size plant growing and shipped in a 4 inch diameter plastic pot. Plant will be a minimum of about 6 to 8 inches tall and unlikely to have bloom or bud at the time of shipping. *Limited Conditional Warranty: Warranty is limited to guaranteeing plants will arrive safely and in good and healthy condition, and is conditioned on Seller receiving prompt notice (within 24 hours of delivery) of any problem with the condition accompanied by photo validation.
No other additional, extended or long term Warranty is expressed or implied.
- Brand: Emerald Goddess Gardens
- Common Name: Milk Chocolate Jamaican Croton
- Bloom Form: Nondescript
- Mature Size: 1.5 to 6 feet depending on climate
- Fragrance: None
- Suggested Uses: Shade Garden, Border, Mixed Perennials, Accent, Potted
- House Plant Adapative: Yes
- Country of Origin: USA
- Limited Conditional Warranty: Healthy Arrival
- Extended Long Term Warranty: None
- Manufacturer:Emerald Goddess Gardens TM
- Climate: Tropical
- Color: Nondescript flower, colored foliage
- Special Features: Colorful interest foliage
- Species: Graptophyllum
- Sunlight: Light Shade
- USDA Hardiness Zone: 9, 10, 11
- Watering: Moderate