Terrestrial Orchids do not required the special conditions of other epiphyte orchids (meaning the ones that grow on the sides of trees in their native habitats.) These do very well planted right in the ground. They are not finicky and will quickly naturalize and thrive with little care and attention.
Epidendrums are a large genus with several hundred species. There is debate among experts as to exactly which ones belong where leading to some being reclassed into other taxinomical groups. Epidendrum radicans has so far remained in the Epidendrum, or Reed Stemmed Group. It is commonly called Reed Stem or Poor Mans Orchid, but yb any name, this terrestrial orchid is just a pleasure to have around.
The flowers of the Epidendrum radicans are pretty, waving above the main body of the plant in bright hues of orange and yellow, but it is the simple ease and versatility of this plant that is perhaps its best feature. Plant them in pots for a bright pop of color, use them as borders or filler, tuck them in nooks and crannies in mixed beds.
Condition: One (1) Well rooted, starter size plant growing and shipped in a 4 inch diameter plastic pot. Plant will be a minimum of about 6 to 8 inches tall and unlikely to have bloom or bud at the time of shipping.
*Limited Conditional Warranty: Warranty is limited to guaranteeing plants will arrive safely and in good and healthy condition, and is conditioned on Seller receiving prompt notice (within 24 hours of delivery) of any problem with the condition accompanied by photo validation. No other additional, extended or long term Warranty is expressed or implied.
- Brand: Emerald Goddess Gardens
- Common Name: Reed Stem or Poor Mans Orchid
- Bloom Form: Clusters of orchid shaped flowers
- Mature Size: 18 inches
- Fragrance: None
- Suggested Uses: Borders, Mass Plant, Mixed Perennials, Potted, Indoor
- House Plant Adapative: Yes
- Country of Origin: USA
- Limited Conditional Warranty: Healthy Arrival
- Extended Long Term Warranty: None
- Manufacturer:Emerald Goddess Gardens tm
- Climate: Tropical
- Color: Orange
- Special Features: Bright, showy color, easy to grow
- Species: Epidendrum radicans
- Sunlight: Best in very light shade
- USDA Hardiness Zone: 8B, 9, 10, 11
- Watering: Moderate