The Loniceras or Honeysuckle Vines are among the best known and loved cultivated vines worldwide. Lonicera Purpurea is an improved cultivar of the common Japanese or Hall's Honeysuckle.
It is as easy to grow and quick to establish as it's green leaved cousin, but is better behaved, less prone to escaping the intended planting area, along with interesting deep green leaves with a distinctive red to purple colored backside that deepens to almost all over burgundy in cooler weather.
Purple or Red Leaved Honeysuckle is a reliable and prolific bloomer that bursts into lush clusters of elongated trumpet shaped flowers that begin as fat pink buds, open to nearly pure white with a slight pink blushed edge and reverse and then slowly fade to yellow over a span of up to 2 weeks. The bloom cycle is also slightly longer and a bit later than the common Japanese, often lasting into early summer, and throwing some scatter flowers again in the fall. All those are great features, but the best by far is the heavenly fragrance.
Condition: One (1) Well rooted, starter size plant growing and shipped in a 4 inch diameter plastic pot. Plant will be a minimum of about 6 to 8 inches tall and unlikely to have bloom or bud at the time of shipping.
*Limited Conditional Warranty: Warranty is limited to guaranteeing plants will arrive safely and in good and healthy condition, and is conditioned on Seller receiving prompt notice (within 24 hours of delivery) of any problem with the condition accompanied by photo validation.
No other additional, extended or long term Warranty is expressed or implied.
- Brand: Emerald Goddess Gardens
- Common Name: Red Leafed Honeysuckle
- Bloom Form: Elongated trumpet
- Mature Size: 20 to 30 feet runners
- Fragrance: Yes
- Suggested Uses: Fence, Trellis, Arbor, Structure, Ground Cover
- House Plant Adapative: No
- Country of Origin: USA
- Limited Conditional Warranty: Healthy Arrival
- Extended Long Term Warranty: None
- Manufacturer:Emerald Goddess GardensTM
- Climate: Cold Tolerant
- Color: White Pink
- Special Features: Easy to grow, fragrant, dense, lush grower
- Species: Lonicera Purpurea
- Sunlight: Full sun to light shade
- USDA Hardiness Zone: 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Watering: Light to Moderate