Thunbergia grandiflora, also commonly called Blue Sky Vine, Bengal Trumpet, Blue Trumpet Vine, Royal Clock Vine or Indian Sky Vine is often referenced as one of the most beautiful vines in the world. Once you've seen a big mature one in full bloom it would be difficult, if not impossible to disagree. This beautiful, quick growing vine is native to India and Asia, and is believed to have been introduced into ornamental production by Kew Gardens.
Throughout the late spring, and well into fall, profuse clusters of large 3 to 4 inch slightly belled, rich medium blue, trumpet shaped flowers, with pale yellow and white throats, hang in long pendant like strings in, around, amongst and over a bounty of big, thick, luxurious, deep green, serrated leaves and strong twisting, vining, curling, rope like stems.
This vine grows large and does it quickly, providing quick warm weather cover to a trellis, fence, arbor, or any other support that is nearby. Runners can easily reach out 30 to 40 feet in a single season. It will quickly scamper up, over, and through the supporting structure.
Condition: One (1) Well rooted, starter size plant growing and shipped in a 4 inch diameter plastic pot. Plant will be a minimum of about 6 to 8 inches tall and unlikely to have bloom or bud at the time of shipping.
*Limited Conditional Warranty: Warranty is limited to guaranteeing plants will arrive safely and in good and healthy condition, and is conditioned on Seller receiving prompt notice (within 24 hours of delivery) of any problem with the condition accompanied by photo validation.
No other additional, extended or long term Warranty is expressed or implied.
- Brand: Emerald Goddess Gardens TM
- Common Name: Blue Sky Vine
- Bloom Form: Large Trumpet
- Mature Size: 20-30 feet Runners
- Fragrance: None
- Suggested Uses: Quick Cover, Trellis, Arbor, Erosion Control
- House Plant Adapative: Yes
- Country of Origin: USA
- Limited Conditional Warranty: Healthy Arrival
- Extended Long Term Warranty: None
- Manufacturer:Emerald Goddess Gardens TM
- Climate: Tropical
- Color: Lavender Blue
- Special Features: Fast Aggressive Grower, Prolific Showy Bloom
- Species: Thunbergia grandifolia
- Sunlight: Full Sun to Shade
- USDA Hardiness Zone: 9, 10, 11
- Watering: Moderate
Current Reviews: 1