Brunsfelsia americana or nitida, commonly called Lady of the Night is a slow growing semi-tropical flowering shrub, and despite it some what ordinary and unremarkable appearance is among the most prized and highly sought after stars of tropical and semi-tropical gardens.
Lady of the Night makes a nicely shaped, large upright shrub, with slender, thin, delicate, flexible branches and deep green, leather textured leaves. It grows slowly, and is very low maintenance, virtually pest free and require little care aside from routine irrigation, feeding and light pruning for shape. It's a nice plant, but not an extraordinary plant.
The pretty flowers are born in clusters of long, thin tubular shaped trumpets in shades of white, ivory, yellow, and tan. They are born in abundance through the warm season. The nocturnal fragrance is rich, heady, and intoxicating, somewhat reminiscent of jasmine and gardenias but distinctly different with spicy undernotes that defy logical description. Without fail, passersby who catch a whiff of it will invariable stop and change direction in an effort to track the delicious scent to the source.
Condition: One (1) Well rooted, starter size plant growing and shipped in a 4 inch diameter plastic pot. Plant will be a minimum of about 6 to 8 inches tall and unlikely to have bloom or bud at the time of shipping. \n\n*Limited Conditional Warranty: Warranty is limited to guaranteeing plants will arrive safely and in good and healthy condition, and is conditioned on Seller receiving prompt notice (within 24 hours of delivery) of any problem with the condition accompanied by photo validation. \n\nNo other additional, extended or long term Warranty is expressed or implied.
- Brand: Emerald Goddess Gardens
- Common Name: Lady of the Night
- Bloom Form: Tubular
- Mature Size: 1.5 to 2 feet
- Fragrance: Intense
- Suggested Uses: Mass Plant, Mixed Perennials, Accent, Feature, Potted
- House Plant Adapative: Yes, but may require supplemental light to flower
- Country of Origin: USA
- Limited Conditional Warranty: Healthy Arrival
- Extended Long Term Warranty: None
- Manufacturer:Emerald Goddess Gardens TM
- Climate: Tropical
- Color: Butter Yellow
- Special Features: Easy to grow and maintain, intensely fragrant flowers
- Species: Brunsfelsia americana
- Sunlight: Light Shade
- USDA Hardiness Zone: 9, 10, 11
- Watering: Moderate