Stephanotis Vine is also known as Bridal Wreath and Bridal Veil Vine. Stephanotis floribunda is the best known of about 13 varieties. It is prized for its fragrant, long lasting waxy, creamy white blooms and is a frequent choice for bridal bouquets.
Despite its common name and fragrance, this plant is not a true jasmine. The common name is likely the result of the similarity in smell to Jasminum Officinale. Stephanotis scent is lighter, cleaner and lacks the cloying sweetness of jasmines and gardenias, as the scent becomes more pleasurable and not overpowering the longer one is exposed to it.
The scented, white flowers appear in the late spring and continue until early fall. The essential oil from this plant is used as an ingredient in expensive perfumes.
It is a tropical nature that cannot be grown in ground north of Zone 10 without cold protection. Stephanotis can be acclimated to grow indoors. Note, however, that very cool air conditioned environments can trigger semi-dormancy.
Not generally recommended for the novice gardeners, as it is a little fussy However, it provides a wonderful reward for the effort it takes.
Condition: One (1) Well rooted, starter size plant growing and shipped in a 4 inch diameter plastic pot. Plant will be a minimum of about 6 to 8 inches tall and unlikely to have bloom or bud at the time of shipping. *Limited Conditional Warranty: Warranty is limited to guaranteeing plants will arrive safely and in good and healthy condition, and is conditioned on Seller receiving prompt notice (within 24 hours of delivery) of any problem with the condition accompanied by photo validation. No other additional, extended or long term Warranty is expressed or implied.
- Brand: Emerald Goddess Gardens
- Common Name: Madagascar or Bridal Jasmine
- Bloom Form: Cluster singles
- Mature Size: 6 to 8 feet
- Fragrance: YES
- Suggested Uses: Trellis, Basket, Support
- House Plant Adapative: Yes
- Country of Origin: USA
- Limited Conditional Warranty: Healthy Arrival
- Extended Long Term Warranty: None
- Manufacturer:Emerald Goddess Gardens TM
- Climate: Tropical
- Color: White
- Special Features: Highly fragrant flowers
- Species: Stephanotis floribunda
- Sunlight: Best in light shade
- USDA Hardiness Zone: 10, 11
- Watering: Moderate\n\"VEN_AMZ_SKU_435\"