The Ficus elastica species of rubber tree is most often seen as an interior container plant. However, its natural growth habit is as a large tree.
It is native to the rain forest and will reach heights of 100 feet or more in its native habitat. However, in North America in ground planting typically reach about 25 to 40 feet in the average landscape planting. It is sometimes grown as a hedge, or buffer planting.
The variegated rubber tree has strikingly colored large broad leaves. The color ranges from light to dark green with white to cream mottling and margins. The new growth has a pink tint, giving a tri-color effect.
For interior planting, provide good quality full spectrum lighting for the best color results. It can be grown as standard tree on a single trunk or pruned and shaped to be a bush.
This is a very attractive, easy to grow, low maintenance, albeit somewhat short term plant house plant. It is also a fine specimen for the patio or poolside, as it does not shed leaves heavily. Expect, however, that it will eventually grow too large for indoor use.
Condition: One (1) Well rooted, starter size plant growing and shipped in a 4 inch diameter plastic pot. Plant will be a minimum of about 6 to 12 inches tall and unlikely to have bloom or bud at the time of shipping.
*Limited Conditional Warranty: Warranty is limited to guaranteeing plants will arrive safely and in good and healthy condition, and is conditioned on Seller receiving prompt notice (within 24 hours of delivery) of any problem with the condition accompanied by photo validation.
No other additional, extended or long term Warranty is expressed or implied.
- Brand: Emerald Goddess Gardens TM
- Common Name: Variegated Rubber Tree
- Bloom Form: Nondescript
- Mature Size: 25 to 40 feet
- Fragrance: None
- Suggested Uses: Large Indoor, Pool or Patio Accent, Tree
- House Plant Adapative: Yes
- Country of Origin: USA
- Limited Conditional Warranty: Healthy Arrival
- Extended Long Term Warranty: None
- Manufacturer:Emerald Goddess Gardens TM
- Climate: Tropical
- Color: Nondescript Flower Variegated Foliage
- Special Features: Colorful foliage, fast growing.
- Species: Ficus elastica variegata
- Sunlight: Indirect Full Light
- USDA Hardiness Zone: 9, 10, 11
- Watering: Moderate