Cestrum auruantiacum, commonly called Orange Zest or Orange Peel Jasmine or Jessamine is a fast, large growing semi-tropical flowing shrub with long, thin arching limbs.
It will typically reach a mature height of between 6 to 8 feet, depending on climate. Although commonly called a jasmine or jessamine, it is not a true jasmine. The common name comes from the very faint, sweet, citrus scent of the flowers at night.
It is closely related to the Night Blooming Jasmine which is also a Cestrum, but does not produce a fragrance nearly as potent as its near cousin.
The Orange Zest or Orange Peel Jasmine blooms in clusters of tubular orange flowers with yellow tops that are attractive to hummingbirds and butterflies.
Cestrums are nice for beginning gardeners, as they are easy to grow, quick to establish, and will generally bloom the first season. They can be mass planted, work well in mixed perennial beds, or can be grown as a large potted plant.
Condition: One (1) Well rooted, starter size plant growing and shipped in a 4 inch diameter plastic pot. Plant will be a minimum of about 6 to 8 inches tall and unlikely to have bloom or bud at the time of shipping.
*Limited Conditional Warranty: Warranty is limited to guaranteeing plants will arrive safely and in good and healthy condition, and is conditioned on Seller receiving prompt notice (within 24 hours of delivery) of any problem with the condition accompanied by photo validation.
No other additional, extended or long term Warranty is expressed or implied.
- Brand: Emerald Goddess Gardens
- Common Name: Orange Zest or Orange Peel Jasmine or Jessamine
- Bloom Form: Small star shaped in clusters
- Mature Size: 6 to 8 feet
- Fragrance: Very faint, Light citrusy
- Suggested Uses: Hedge, Boundary,
- House Plant Adapative: Yes, but may require supplemental light to flower
- Country of Origin: USA
- Limited Conditional Warranty: Healthy Arrival
- Extended Long Term Warranty: None
- Manufacturer:Emerald Goddess Gardens TM
- Climate: Semi-Tropical
- Color: Orange
- Special Features: Easy to grow, showy bloom, lightly fragrant
- Species: Cestrum auruantiacum
- Sunlight: Full sun to very light shade
- USDA Hardiness Zone: 8, 9, 10, 11
- Watering: Moderate