Tradescantia pallida, commonly called Purple Queen or Purple Heart, is a low growing, spreading semi-tropical ground cover plant with purple leaves and stems and small pink to pale lavender flowers.
It is favorite old heirloom classic plant that is frequently found growing nearly wild in Southern landscapes. It is closely related to the classic houseplant, the Wandering Jew.
Purple Queen is easy to grow, adds stunning visual interest and texture with bright pops of vibrant color, or acts as background and filler to showcase other plants in opposing colors, or makes great potted, cascading basket or addition to large garden pots for the porch or patio.
It grows low and spreads out, reaching a mature size of only about 12 to 18 inches with an equal to double horizontal spread., has soft, succulent stems that break easily when handled, but the plant quickly recovers and the broken limbs root easily to form new plants. The bigger challenge can become keeping it confined to the intended area, than first getting it established.
Purple Queen is frequently grown as houseplant or potted annual in colder climates.
Condition: One (1) Well rooted, starter size plant growing and shipped in a 4 inch diameter plastic pot. Plant will be a minimum of about 6 to 8 inches tall and unlikely to have bloom or bud at the time of shipping.\n\n *Limited Conditional Warranty: Warranty is limited to guaranteeing plants will arrive safely and in good and healthy condition, and is conditioned on Seller receiving prompt notice (within 24 hours of delivery) of any problem with the condition accompanied by photo validation. No other additional, extended or long term Warranty is expressed or implied.
- Brand: Emerald Goddess Gardens
- Common Name: Purple Queen or Purple Heart
- Bloom Form: Small star shape
- Mature Size: 2-3 feet (Runners)
- Fragrance: None
- Suggested Uses: Ground covers, baskets, filler
- House Plant Adapative: Yes
- Country of Origin: USA
- Limited Conditional Warranty: Healthy Arrival
- Extended Long Term Warranty: None
- Manufacturer:Emerald Goddess Gardens TM
- Climate: Semi-Tropical
- Color: Pink Flower, Purple Foliage
- Special Features: Easy to grow resilient heirloom
- Species: Tradescantia pallida
- Sunlight: Light Shade
- USDA Hardiness Zone: 8B, 9, 10, 11
- Watering: Moderate