Tecomanche dendrophila or New Guinea Trumpet Vine is a very pretty and somewhat unusual tropical flowering woody vine. It is also called Forest Bell Creeper. This is a sturdy, fast growing species that has the unique ability to form blooms along the old woody stems, which is a nice feature as it means size can be controlled without sacrificing bud wood.
The curving, woody stems darken to a deep gray to almost black as they age. The flowers are very large, showy large bells in bright rose pink tipped in creamy yellow to creamy white. The contrast of the pink flowers against the black stems is most striking.
This plant requires some time to become well established before reaching its full blooming potential. Peak blooming times are in the Spring and Fall. Very mature plants will often throw scattered flowers throughout the warm season.
It is fast growing and reasonably carefree vine, and is a great choice when quick cover is wanted for a fence, pergola or other structure.
Condition: One (1) Well rooted, starter size plant growing and shipped in a 4 inch diameter plastic pot. Plant will be a minimum of about 6 to 8 inches tall and unlikely to have bloom or bud at the time of shipping.
*Limited Conditional Warranty: Warranty is limited to guaranteeing plants will arrive safely and in good and healthy condition, and is conditioned on Seller receiving prompt notice (within 24 hours of delivery) of any problem with the condition accompanied by photo validation. No other additional, extended or long term Warranty is expressed or implied.
- Brand: Emerald Goddess Gardens
- Common Name: Tecomanche
- Bloom Form: Large Bell
- Mature Size: 10 feet +
- Fragrance: No
- Suggested Uses: Large Trellis or other sturdy support
- House Plant Adapative: Not Recommended
- Country of Origin: USA
- Limited Conditional Warranty: Healthy Arrival
- Extended Long Term Warranty: Healthy Arrival
- Manufacturer:Emerald Goddess Gardens TM
- Climate: Tropical to sub-tropical
- Color: Pink Yellow
- Special Features: Very showy flowers, blooms on old growth
- Species: Tecomanche dendrophila (formerly venusta)
- Sunlight: Very light shade
- USDA Hardiness Zone: 9, 10, 11
- Watering: Moderate