The Bi-Color Buddleia was hybridized at a prominent southern agricultural university in 1999. It is a hybrid from Buddleia weyeriana Honeycomb and has become one of the most popular Butterfly Bushes in US and UK.
Big, full, scented blooms emerge in late Spring to early Summer, opening as a solid blue toned lavender body that then changes to multi-shades of pink, peach, and purple as the bloom ages.
The bush has the classic growth habit of others of the species, growing lanky and upright with arching, flexible stems. The multi-hued flowers are nectar rich and equally attractive to butterflies and hummingbirds as the parent species.
Primarily sold in the US as Bi-Color and in the UK as Flower Power,
While Buddleias are an excellent nectar source for adult Butterflies, they are not hosts. A balanced Butterfly habitat should also include other varied species of host plants.
Bi-Color produces little to no viable seed and is not known to be invasive. However, removing spent flowers from all types of Buddleias is a good gardening practice.
Hybrid buddleias are typically infertile, but should still be grown responsibly. Although this hybrid does not set large amounts of viable seed, spent flowers should be trimmed away and disposed of to prevent the spread beyond the intended planting area.
This plant is a sterile non-invasive hybrid and is not subject to any shipping restriction to the best of our knowledge.
Condition: One (1) Well rooted, starter size plant w/ 4 inch diameter root zone. Plant will be a minimum of about 6 to 8 inches tall and unlikely to have bloom or bud at the time of shipping. May be shipped bare, wrapped root ball w/o pot.
ited Conditional Warranty: Warranty is limited to guaranteeing plants will arrive safely and in good and healthy condition, and is conditioned on Seller receiving prompt notice (within 24 hours of delivery) of any problem with the condition accompanied by photo validation. No other additional, extended or long term Warranty is expressed or implied.
- Brand: Emerald Goddess Gardens
- Common Name: Butterfly Bush Flower Power or Bi-Color
- Bloom Form: Panicle
- Mature Size: 4 to 5 feet
- Fragrance: Yes, Lilac-Lic
- Suggested Uses: Boundary, Mixed Perennial, Habitat, Garden Pot
- House Plant Adapative: Not recommended due to size and light needs
- Country of Origin: USA
- Limited Conditional Warranty: Healthy arrival
- Extended Long Term Warranty: None
- Manufacturer:Emerald Goddess Gardens tm
- Climate: Temeprate
- Color: Lavender, pink, peach
- Special Features: Showy, fragrant flowers attract butterflies
- Species: Buddleia weyeriana hybrid
- Sunlight: Full sun to partial shade
- USDA Hardiness Zone: 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
- Watering: Moderate