Passion Vines are a must have for any romance, heirloom and or butterfly garden. All passion vine flowers are unique and unlike any other flowering plant.
Passiflora suberosa or Corky Stemmed Passion Flower is a species that is native to North America, specifically Florida and Texas, Central, South America, and the Caribbean. It does not offer us much as an ornamental plant aside from green background and filler and the oddity factor of the tiny, pinky nail sized pale green/blue flowers and pea sized, purple fruits. However, it is simply irresistible to a number of butterfly species, which makes it must have for the Butterfly Garden.
The plant is fast growing with fine, twining stems that develop a rough corky stems near the ground as they age, and high variable medium green 3-5 five lobed leaves.
Because it is an excellent host for caterpillars, but has little ornamental value otherwise, one of its best features is the ability to lure egg laying adults away from ornamental plants that would be damaged by unchecked feeding.
Condition: One (1) Well rooted, starter size plant growing and shipped in a 4 inch diameter plastic pot. Plant will be a minimum of about 6 to 8 inches tall and unlikely to have bloom or bud at the time of shipping.\n\n *Limited Conditional Warranty: Warranty is limited to guaranteeing plants will arrive safely and in good and healthy condition, and is conditioned on Seller receiving prompt notice (within 24 hours of delivery) of any problem with the condition accompanied by photo validation. No other additional, extended or long term Warranty is expressed or implied.
- Brand: Emerald Goddess Gardens
- Common Name: Corky Stemmed Passion Vine
- Bloom Form: Unique to the species
- Mature Size: 6 to 10 ft runners
- Fragrance: Very slight
- Suggested Uses: Butterfly Garden and Wildlife Habitat
- House Plant Adapative: Yes
- Country of Origin: USA
- Limited Conditional Warranty: Healthy Arrival
- Extended Long Term Warranty: None
- Manufacturer:Emerald Goddess Gardens TM
- Climate: Semi-Tropical
- Color: Pale Blue Green
- Special Features: Powerful butterfly attractant
- Species: Passiflora suberosa
- Sunlight: Full sun or light shade
- USDA Hardiness Zone: 8,9,10,11
- Watering: Moderate