Codiaeum variegatum or Crotons are a big species of tropical shrubs with variegated colored leaves native to Malaysia and the Eastern Pacific Rim. There are thousands of different varieties, and are the perfect choice to brighten up a shady garden spot, or sprinkle around in pots anywhere that a dash of brilliant color and or texture is wanted.
They work great in pots and dish gardens can be successfully acclimated to grow indoors wintered over with full spectrum light in colder climates.
The Mammy or Fire Croton is one of the most popular has narrow strapped leaves that twist about the stalk, giving interesting shape and texture as well as color. It is also known as Dwarf Corkscrew Croton.
Mammy is small statured croton that will reach a mature height of only about 3 feet, and rewards reliably with brilliant color in bright vibrant red, yellow, orange, deep black burgundy, peach and green. The palette will vary with the age of the growth, available light, temperature, and nutrition.
Condition: One (1) Well rooted, starter size plant growing and shipped in a 4 inch diameter plastic pot. Plant will be a minimum of about 4 to 6 inches tall and unlikely to have bloom or bud at the time of shipping.
*Limited Conditional Warranty: Warranty is limited to guaranteeing plants will arrive safely and in good and healthy condition, and is conditioned on Seller receiving prompt notice (within 24 hours of delivery) of any problem with the condition accompanied by photo validation. No other additional, extended or long term Warranty is expressed or implied.
- Brand: Emerald Goddess Gardens
- Common Name: Mammy, Fire, Dwarf Corkscrew
- Bloom Form: Nondescript
- Mature Size: 3 feet
- Fragrance: None
- Suggested Uses: Shade Garden, Mass plant, accent, mixed beds, potted indoor or o
- House Plant Adapative: Yes
- Country of Origin: USA
- Limited Conditional Warranty: Healthy Arrival
- Extended Long Term Warranty: None
- Manufacturer:Emerald Goddess Gardens TM
- Climate: Tropical
- Color: Red, Green, Orange, Yellow
- Special Features: Bright color, short compact growth habit
- Species: Codiaeum variegatum
- Sunlight: Light Shade
- USDA Hardiness Zone: 9, 10, 11
- Watering: Moderate