Tibouchina heteromalla is one of more than 400 diverse species. Silver Leaf, Large Leaved Princess Flower or Panther Ear are some of the common names. Botanically it is referenced as both Tibouchina grandifolia and Tibouchina heteromalla. It is one of the more rare and prized species.
It matures into a large 6-8 ft tall shrub, and is unique and showy all the time with large, fuzzy grayish green leaves with a soft velvety texture but is truly spectacular in the late summer and early fall when spikes of vibrant. purplish blue flowers appear. Blooms are large, five-petaled singles, born in clusters on long stalks above the main body of the plant. The center color varies with age and begins as a white ring that ripens to a rosy fuschia contrasting nicely with the bright purple blue.
This is an exceptionally large starter size plant greater than 18 inches in height. This overgrown starter will need to be transplanted to a more suitable container soon after arrival.
Condition: One (1) Well rooted, starter size plant growing and shipped in a 4 inch diameter plastic pot. Plant will be a minimum of about 6 to 8 inches tall and unlikely to have bloom or bud at the time of shipping
. *Limited Conditional Warranty: Warranty is limited to guaranteeing plants will arrive safely and in good and healthy condition, and is conditioned on Seller receiving prompt notice (within 24 hours of delivery) of any problem with the condition accompanied by photo validation. No other additional, extended or long term Warranty is expressed or implied.
- Brand: Emerald Goddess Gardens
- Common Name: Silver Leaf, Panther Ear, Princess Flower
- Bloom Form: Five petal single
- Mature Size: 6 to 8 feet
- Fragrance: None
- Suggested Uses: Feature, Focal Point, Boundary, Large Open Hedge
- House Plant Adapative: Not Recommended Due to Size and Light Needs
- Country of Origin: USA
- Limited Conditional Warranty: Healthy Arrival
- Extended Long Term Warranty: None
- Manufacturer:Emerald Goddess Gardens TM
- Climate: Tropical
- Color: Purple Blue
- Special Features: Rare, unusual, showy
- Species: Tibouchina heteromalla
- Sunlight: Full Sun to Light Shade
- USDA Hardiness Zone: 9,10, 11
- Watering: Moderate