The Pink Trumpet Vine (Podranea brycei syn. Podranea ricasoliana) is a large, quick-growing, sprawling, vine-like, tropical, flowering scrambler shrub that is native to South Africa. It typically blooms twice per year in the early summer and fall; producing large clusters of showy, fragrant mauve-pink, yellow-throated, bell-shaped flowers that are followed by long brown seed pods. It is also commonly known as Port St. Johns or Zimbabwe Creeper.
It is a fast, aggressive grower that establishes quickly, which makes it an excellent choice for quick cover of a fence or other structure. However, be sure to allow ample space as it can rapidly fill a space of 20 feet or more within a season or two. Aside from watering and pruning to maintain size and keep restricted to the desired growing area, Pink Trumpet Vine requires little care.
It is not well suited for growing indoors as it has high light needs and grows large quickly. However, it can be grown in large outdoor garden pots indefinitely and wintered over indoors in a warm well light environment.
Condition: One (1) Well rooted, starter size plant growing and shipped in a 4 inch diameter plastic pot. Plant will be a minimum of about 6 to 8 inches tall and unlikely to have bloom or bud at the time of shipping.
*Limited Conditional Warranty: Warranty is limited to guaranteeing plants will arrive safely and in good and healthy condition, and is conditioned on Seller receiving prompt notice (within 24 hours of delivery) of any problem with the condition accompanied by photo validation. No other additional, extended or long term Warranty is expressed or implied.
- Brand: Emerald Goddess Gardens
- Common Name: Pink Trumpet Vine
- Bloom Form: Large trumpets in clusters
- Mature Size: 20 + feet
- Fragrance: Yes
- Suggested Uses: Support or free flowing
- House Plant Adapative: Not recommended
- Country of Origin: USA
- Limited Conditional Warranty: Healthy Arrival
- Extended Long Term Warranty: None
- Manufacturer:Emerald Goddess Gardens R
- Climate: Tropical
- Color: Pink
- Special Features: Fast growing, showy fragrant flowers
- Species: Podranea brycei syn Podranea ricasoliana
- Sunlight: Full sun to light shade
- USDA Hardiness Zone: 9,10,11
- Watering: Moderate