Codiaeum variegatum or Crotons are a big species of tropical shrubs with variegated colored leaves native to Malaysia and Eastern Pacific Rim. There are thousands of different varieties, and are the perfect choice to brighten up a shady garden spot, or sprinkle around in pots anywhere that a dash of brilliant color and or texture is wanted. They work great in pots and dish gardens can be successfully wintered over with full spectrum light in colder climates or is often grown as an annual. The Gold Dust Croton is an old heirloom Croton with thin strapped leaves that grow close and tight to the stem. It is a moderately quick growing, small statured croton that will reach a mature height of only about 3 feet, and is easily maintained smaller, if desired. It lends contrast and texture to lightly shaded gardens, can be adapted grow indoors, or incorporate in garden pots and dish gardens. The variegation will vary with the age of the growth, available light, temperature, and nutrition.
Condition: One (1) Well rooted, starter size plant growing and shipped in a 4 inch diameter plastic pot. Plant will be a minimum of about 6 to 8 inches tall and unlikely to have bloom or bud at the time of shipping.
*Limited Conditional Warranty: Warranty is limited to guaranteeing plants will arrive safely and in good and healthy condition, and is conditioned on Seller receiving prompt notice (within 24 hours of delivery) of any problem with the condition accompanied by photo validation. No other additional, extended or long term Warranty is expressed or implied.
- Brand: Emerald Goddess Gardens
- Common Name: Gold Dust Croton
- Bloom Form: Single nondescript
- Mature Size: 2.5 to 3 feet
- Fragrance: None
- Suggested Uses: Mixed perennials, potted porch, patio, or indoor
- House Plant Adapative: Yes, but may require supplemental light for best color
- Country of Origin: USA
- Limited Conditional Warranty: Healthy Arrival
- Extended Long Term Warranty: None
- Manufacturer:Emerald Goddess Gardens TM
- Climate: Tropical
- Color: Nondescript white
- Special Features: Colorful, low growing, easy to grow
- Species: Codium varigatum
- Sunlight: Best in light shade
- USDA Hardiness Zone: 9, 10, 11
- Watering: Moderate