Mexican Sage is low growing bushy small shrub, that is suitable outdoors in subtropical climates and frequently grown as an annual or potted plant in colder area. In Zone 8 it typically freezes back to ground and resprouts from the roots in the Spring.
It grows in a loose spreading mound of silvery stems with lance shaped willow like leaves, that are somewhat puckered along the top vein and have a soft, wooly appearance to the underside.
Mexican Sage begins flowering late in the summer and blooms until the first frost knocks it back. The flowers are white and emerge from fuzzy soft calyxes that are bright lavender, to blue toned purple, that grow along gracefully arching stems. It is a profuse, long lasting and showy bloomer, and one of the few salvias that is suitable for cut flowers or dried arrangements. The calyxes will hold their bright color after drying. The long arching fuzzy white stems that hold the bi colored inflorescence tend to wave above the main body of the plant.
Condition: One (1) Well rooted, starter size plant growing and shipped in a 4 inch diameter plastic pot. Plant will be a minimum of about 6 to 8 inches tall and unlikely to have bloom or bud at the time of shipping
. *Limited Conditional Warranty: Warranty is limited to guaranteeing plants will arrive safely and in good and healthy condition, and is conditioned on Seller receiving prompt notice (within 24 hours of delivery) of any problem with the condition accompanied by photo validation. No other additional, extended or long term Warranty is expressed or implied.
- Brand: Emerald Goddess Gardens
- Common Name: Mexican Sage
- Bloom Form: Flower and Calyx
- Mature Size: 3 ft
- Fragrance: None
- Suggested Uses: Butterfly Garden, Mixed Perennials, Mass Planting
- House Plant Adapative: Not recommended
- Country of Origin: USA
- Limited Conditional Warranty: Healthy Arrival
- Extended Long Term Warranty: None
- Manufacturer:Emerald Goddess Gardens
- Climate: Subtropical
- Color: Purple, Lavender, White
- Special Features: Long lasting blooms hold color after drying
- Species: Salvia leucantha
- Sunlight: Full Sun to Partial Shade
- USDA Hardiness Zone: 8, 9, 10, 11
- Watering: Drought tolerant once established